Exporting a car overseas involves several crucial steps and documentation requirements. Here are some key points to keep in mind before shipping your car internationally:
- Proof of Ownership:
- When exporting motor vehicles from the United States, you need to provide documents that establish proof of ownership, usually in the form of a certificate of title.
- Ensure you have the original certificate of title along with multiple copies as per the export requirements.
- New Cars without Titles:
- In the case of new cars that have never been titled, you can export them by submitting a document called a manufacturer's statement of origin.
- Obtain the manufacturer's statement of origin from your car dealer, and present the original and two copies to Customs for clearance.
- Customs Inspection:
- Your car will undergo a Customs inspection at the time of export.
- If your vehicle is being transported by ship or plane, both the car and the ownership documents must be presented to Customs at least 72 hours before loading.
- The Customs inspection will be conducted during this time to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Certification and Export Authorization:
- After the Customs inspection, your car will be authorized for export once it is certified that the ownership documents are in order.
- The original title will be stamped to certify that your vehicle has been exported from the United States.
- Fuel Level Requirements:
- As a safety measure during transportation, it is generally required to have your gas tank drained to less than 1/4 tank.
By following these guidelines and fulfilling the necessary documentation requirements, you can ensure a smoother process for shipping your car internationally. It's advisable to consult with a
reputable international moving company or a car shipping specialist to assist you with the specific procedures and regulations related to your destination country.
For reliable and hassle-free international car shipping services, contact EC Shipping. We have the expertise and experience to handle all aspects of car transportation, ensuring your vehicle
arrives safely at its international destination. Our dedicated team will guide you through the process, provide expert advice, and handle all necessary paperwork. Trust East Coast Shipping for a
seamless car shipping experience."
TYPES OF SERVICES FOR OVERSEAS CAR SHIPPING
- Roll-On/Roll-Off (RoRo) Shipping:
- RoRo shipping is a popular and cost-effective option for shipping vehicles internationally.
- Vehicles are driven onto the specialized RoRo vessels using ramps, secured in designated parking bays, and then transported to the destination.
- This method is suitable for operable vehicles and does not require individual containerization.
- Container Shipping:
- Container shipping provides a secure and versatile option for transporting vehicles overseas.
- Vehicles are loaded into shipping containers, which offer protection from the elements and added security.
- Container shipping is ideal for high-value, classic, or luxury vehicles, as well as when you need to transport personal belongings along with the car.
- Air Freight:
- If you require faster delivery or have time-sensitive shipping needs, air freight is an option worth considering.
- Shipping vehicles by air is the quickest method available but can be more expensive compared to other modes of transportation.
- This service is suitable for valuable vehicles, urgent shipments, or when time is of the essence.
- Door-to-Door Service:
- Opting for a door-to-door service ensures a hassle-free shipping experience.
- With this service, the shipping company handles the entire process, from pickup at your location to delivery at the destination address.
- It offers convenience and saves you time and effort.
- Customs Clearance and Documentation Assistance:
- International vehicle shipping involves dealing with customs procedures and documentation requirements.
- Providing services that include assistance with customs clearance and documentation can help streamline the shipping process for your customers.
- Experienced professionals can handle the necessary paperwork, ensuring compliance with customs regulations.
- Vehicle Tracking and Updates:
- Offering real-time tracking and regular updates on the status of the vehicle shipment can provide peace of mind to your customers.
- Tracking systems allow customers to monitor the progress of their vehicles throughout the shipping process.
Our Trained and Professional staff is standing by to assist with all your shipping solutions. Click
here to choose East Coast Shipping for a free quotation page where you can fill in your details and we will
find the best way to help you move.