Welcome to East Coast Shipping, your premier choice for moves from the US to Germany and vice versa. With years of experience and a strong partnership network in Germany, we are committed to
providing a seamless and professional moving experience at every stage of the process.
Germany has stringent guidelines for importing personal effects and autos, making it crucial to partner with an experienced shipper who can provide the necessary documentation and guidance for a
smooth transition on your moving day. At East Coast Shipping, we understand these requirements and ensure that all documentation is prepared accurately and efficiently.
- East Coast to Germany:
- LCL Direct: 4-6 weeks
- Groupage: 6-10 weeks (varies based on time of year and volume)
- Full Container: 3-5 weeks
- West Coast to Germany:
- LCL Direct: 5-7 weeks
- Groupage: 2-4 months (varies based on time of year and volume)
- Full Container: 4-7 weeks
Please note that these transit times are approximate and subject to various factors, such as shipping line, route, weather conditions, and potential delays. For more accurate and up-to-date
information, we recommend reaching out to our dedicated shipping consultants to advise on options and updated vessel information.
Our Services: We offer a comprehensive range of services to cater to your specific moving needs:
- Door-to-Door Full-Service Moves: Sit back and relax as we take care of your entire move, from packing and wrapping to delivery at your new location in Germany or the US.
- Storage: Secure storage options are available if you require temporary or long-term storage solutions.
- Packing and Wrapping: Our skilled professionals ensure that your personal effects are appropriately packed and protected for safe transport.
- Pickup and Delivery: We offer convenient pickup and delivery services from anywhere in the USA to our warehouse or port.
- Customs Clearance and Documentation: We handle all the necessary customs procedures and documentation, ensuring compliance with German import regulations.
- Surveys for Accurate Quotes: Our experts conduct surveys to provide accurate volume assessments, enabling us to offer precise quotes tailored to your specific requirements.
- Destination Services for Agents: We provide comprehensive destination services for our agent partners in Germany, ensuring a smooth transition for their clients.
- Groupage Import and Exports: We offer reliable groupage import and export services for both the US and Germany.
At East Coast Shipping, we pride ourselves on our professionalism, expertise, and dedication to customer satisfaction. Trust us to handle your move with the utmost care and efficiency, making your
transition to Germany or the US a stress-free experience.
u can enter in text. Feel free to edit, move, delete or add a different page element.
Here's some additional helpful information for individuals moving to Germany:
- Visa and Residence Permits: Ensure you have the necessary visa or residence permit before moving to Germany. Depending on your nationality and the purpose of your stay, you may need a work visa,
student visa, or residence permit. Contact the German embassy or consulate in your home country to determine the specific requirements.
- Health Insurance: Germany has a mandatory health insurance system, and it is important to have health coverage while residing in the country. Research the different health insurance options
available and ensure you have adequate coverage before your arrival.
- Housing: Finding suitable housing in Germany can be competitive, especially in popular cities. Start your search early and consider working with a real estate agent or utilizing online platforms
to find accommodation that fits your needs and budget. It is also common to provide a Schufa credit report and proof of income to landlords during the application process.
- Registering Anmeldung: Within two weeks of arrival, it is mandatory for individuals moving to Germany to register their address (Anmeldung) at the local registration office (Einwohnermeldeamt).
This process is essential for various administrative purposes, such as obtaining a tax ID, opening a bank account, and enrolling children in schools.
- Banking: Opening a bank account in Germany is advisable to facilitate financial transactions and daily banking needs. Research different banks to find one that offers English support and meets
your specific requirements. Bring your passport, proof of address, and residence permit or visa when visiting a bank to open an account.
- Transportation: Germany has an extensive and efficient public transportation system, including trains, buses, trams, and metros. Consider obtaining a local transportation card, such as a monthly
or annual ticket, to enjoy discounted fares. Additionally, familiarize yourself with local traffic rules if you plan to drive and ensure your driver's license is valid in Germany.
- Cultural Integration: Germany has a rich cultural heritage, and learning about the local customs, traditions, and language can help ease your transition. Consider taking language courses to
improve your German skills and participate in cultural events and activities to immerse yourself in the local community.
- Taxation and Finances: Familiarize yourself with the German tax system and understand your tax obligations as a resident. Depending on your income and employment status, you may need to file a
tax return. Consulting with a tax professional or accountant can provide valuable guidance in this regard.
- Education and Childcare: If you have children, research the education system and available schools or childcare options in your area. Germany offers a variety of educational pathways, including
public schools, international schools, and bilingual schools. Start the enrollment process early to secure a spot for your child.
- Social Integration and Networking: Joining local clubs, organizations, or expat communities can be a great way to meet new people, make friends, and establish a social support network. Attend
networking events or join online forums to connect with other expats and locals who can provide valuable advice and support.
Remember that moving to a new country involves various administrative procedures and cultural adjustments. It's essential to stay organized, seek support when needed, and approach the experience
with an open mind and willingness to embrace the German way of life.
Please call us for a quote or any questions at 1-888-238 -0180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org