Understanding your quote
After you review our quote and many others you will see variations on how you are quoted for your international shipment or airfreight. East Coast Shipping gives detailed, comprehensive quotes so you know there are no hidden unexpected fees. Below is a list of the different types of quotes you can receive from us:
LCL ( Less Container Load):
LCL quotes are based cubic feet or space being taken up. Your goods are received at a mover’s warehouse or shipping terminal and either crated or palletized which adds about 20-25% to your volume. They are palletized and or crated for protection during shipping process and to prevent lost items. So when calculating your chargeable volume it’s important that you consider this and calculate your cft high to be safe and don’t underestimate your volume. Below are lists of services and options that can be included depending on what type of service is being received.
1 Full Packing: Movers pack
all furniture & boxes and does inventory for customs
Option # 2 Partial Packing: Movers pack furniture, customer packs boxes
Option# 3 Self packing: Only applies if you have boxes and or suitcases only-If you have furniture you need movers to pick up and prepare for export. If you have only boxes we can save you money and pick up pre-packed boxes and transport to terminal. Customer must have valued packing list for customs giving general description of items in boxes.
Please note: One of the complaints that customers can potentially have with LCL shipments overseas is having to pay for additional volume being shipped once measured at the warehouse. If your volume exceeds your quoted amount we can offer the following options to stay within budget:
1. Have our warehouse remove unwanted items from your inventory to get within quoted volume or budget. There is a $35 per hr warehouse fee w/ 2 hrs minimum.
2. Ship additional volume at quoted rate per CFT for additional space.
3. You can choose to pick up freight and choose different shipping route after payment of origin & warehousing cost.
We also offer free in house estimates in most locations in the US. Some locations are not possible if located in an area too far from our movers.
FCL: Full Container Loads:
When you are shipping too much for a shared container you will need to ship your goods in either a 20ft, 40ft or 40ft High Cube Container. Unlike many of our competitors we do not charge you based on volume on your container for most locations. We give rates simply based on services needed.
Packing: Movers pack all items including furniture, boxes and inventory for customs
Option#2 Partial Packing Customers pack boxes and the movers handle the furniture
Option# 3 Self Loading: Customer packs all items, does own inventory for customs and loads the container with a live-load 2 free hrs and then charged per additional hour or drop and pick of container for up 3 days to load:
Breakdown of services provided on our quotes
Below are definitions of common exclusions on quotations:
• CRATING fee applies to items that need an individual wooden
crate to be built for safe transportation for example... (Piano, artwork, marble tables...)
• CUSTOMS DUTY is a territory tax on the import of or export of goods
• DEMURRAGE — A charge for storage of incoming merchandise beyond the free time allotted by the shipping company. Also applies to carrier-owned or leased equipment, such as containers and chassis.
• DESTINATION TERMINAL HANDLING CHARGE A charge made for certain handling services performed at terminals the shipping terminals. This is invoiced in currency at destination is billed collect unless otherwise specified to shipper
• DUTY — A tax imposed by a government on merchandise imported from another country. There are several types of duty, including: (a) Ad Valorem Duty ("According to the value.") - An assessment based on the actual value of an article. (b) Specific Duty - An assessment based on the weight or quantity of an article without reference to its monetary value or market price.
• EXTRA LABOR- When the carrier performs any services that are requested by the shipper or his agent, that are not included in transportation charges and for which there are no applicable charges in the tariff.
• EXTRA STOP- Transportation charge includes loading from a single address and delivery to a single address. There is a flat charge for extra delivery.
• LONG CARRY- A charge for carrying articles excessive distances between the mover's vehicle and your residence such as carrying items up or down flights of stairs, may be in addition to the line haul charges for these services.
• PACKING- Customer is responsible for packing all items in safe boxes for safe transportation unless customer has requested packing services and charges are included on the estimate. The moving crew will have packing materials available the day of your move for any items you may need assistance packing. If packing is required, final packing charges will be determined the day of your pick-up. Items will not be moved if they are not packed correctly.
• SHUTTLE SERVICE - The use of a smaller vehicle to provide services to residences not accessible to the mover's normal line haul vehicle.
• UNPACKING - Includes the removal of items from carrier packed cartons, placing those items on the nearest flat surface, and the disposal of any packing debris. It does not include placing items into cabinets and closets. Most customers do not want the mover to do any unpacking other than unpacking their mattresses and box springs so the van operator can set up their beds. If additional unpacking is desired, either as a full or partial unpack, the cost is shown.
Give us a call at:
Or use our email form and we'll get back to you within 24 hours!
Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Atlanta, Baltimore, New York, Chicago, Boston, Houston, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle
East Coast Shipping
5181 NW 109th
Sunrise, FL, 33351
Mon - Fri 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM