East Coast Shipping specializes in moving families and business professionals to the United Kingdom & all
over Europe. We cut out the middleman and offer shipping rates from our own warehouse and include port fees & flat rates for containers. If your shipment is not time sensitive save money by
shipping in a shared container. In our UK shared containers, we handle personal effects shipments to England, Northern Ireland, Scotland & Wales.
Moving to England, UK or any international destination requires careful planning and organization. Knowing what to take and when to move, at EC Shipping we have an extensive network of movers all over the UK to provide a full door to door service.
Our services including professional packing, vehicle relocation, insurance and all other services related to moving to the United Kingdom. We have all documentation and instructions to make your transit as easy as possible.
We understand the complexities and will provide helpful information and advice for your move. Moving to England, UK means you must familiarize yourself with all customs and government regulation before you arrive. At EC Shipping we can provide this information.
TOR 01-Transfer of Residency (ToR) Application
For an individual to qualify to import their used personal belongings free from duty and tax, an online application under Transfer of Residence (ToR) relief needs to be made by the importer. We recommend this is done at least 10 days prior to shipping using the TOR01 application form below:
Once completed the form should be printed, signed and emailed with all applicable supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Supplementary items required to accompany the ToR01 Application to HM Customs:
• Copy Passport
• Visa if applicable
• National Insurance number if applicable/available
• Packing list / survey list of the goods being imported
• Any proof of purchase or value for the goods you have (especially for higher value items)
• For any goods that purchase receipts are not available we suggest to include a written declaration informing this to be the situation, and detail estimated their current (second hand) value (please note this should not be the replacement / insurance value)
• Proof of ownership for vehicles – registration documents older than 6 months
• Proof that have lived out of the EU for last 12 months – Utility Bill/Bank statement with address on.
• Employment contract if applicable and or employer’s statement Work permit if applicable
• Tenancy or purchase agreement for home in the UK if applicable.
UNIQUE AUTHORIZATION CODE
Once HM Customs & Excise are fully satisfied that the full criteria for ToR relief has been met they will issue the applicant with a “Unique Authorization Code”. It should be noted that the issue of this code from H.M Customs & Excise simply authorizes that individual to import goods their personal goods under this relief heading.
NOTE: This should not be mistaken for the grant of Customs clearance. Once issued, the Unique Authorization Code should be provided to East Coast Shipping without delay to facilitate the customs clearance entry that will be made once the goods have arrived at the destination port / airport.
Give us a call at:
Or use our email form and we'll get back to you within 24 hours!
Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Atlanta, Baltimore, New York, Chicago, Boston, Houston, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle
East Coast Shipping
5181 NW 109th
Sunrise, FL, 33351
Mon - Fri 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM